Find links to Australian and international work experience information and opportunities.
- ACT Work Experience: Department of Education and Training [new window]
This ACT government site provides links to school work experience guidelines, policies and forms.
- Animal Jobs Direct [new window]
This is the Australian page of a site providing information and advice about working with animals, details about jobs world wide, and voluntary animal welfare work.
- Defence Work Experience [new window]
This site overs work experience placements for secondary school, university or other students over 15 years.
- Finding Yourself a Cadetship: A Guide for Indigenous Students [new window]
This page provides links to documents including the guide. The guide has six steps to help students find out who they would like to work for and how to approach an employer themselves to ask for a cadetship.
- IAESTE: Exchange of Students for Technical Experience [new window]
This is an international site for international exchanges promoting technical work experience.
- Indigenous Cadetship Support [new window]
Indigenous Cadetship Support (ICS) improves the professional employment prospects of Indigenous Australians. It links Indigenous tertiary students with employers in a cadetship arrangement.
- Learning through work experience [new window]
This government site provides an introduction to work experience information and links to the work experience placement program and other government initiatives.
- NSW: Workplace Learning Procedures and Standards [new window]
The standards and procedures in this support document apply to all workplace learning programs for NSW secondary students.
- Queensland Work Experience Placements: Guidelines for Procedure [new window]
This Queensland government site explains different models of secondary school work experience. It provides guidelines for schools, information about insurance, transport, interstate/territory work experience and links to relevant policies of the Department of Education and Training.
- Resources for Parents, Students and Employers - Victoria [new window]
This workplace learning page from the Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development provides links to resources for employers, parents and students.
- Student Work Experience (QLD) [new window]
The Queensland (QLD) Government Department of Education, Training and Employment's (DETE) Student Work Experience webpage provides information about policy and procedures, different models of work experience, work education programs and student work placement data.
- Study Adelaide [new window]
Employment advice for international students studying in Adelaide South Australia, includes rights, taxation, how to find work and internships and working holiday visa information.
- Support for Children with Special Needs (VIC) [new window]
This resource from the Victorian Government Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) gives advice for young people with disabilities who are entering the workforce. It also includes links to lessons, worksheets, a workplace safety video and to further support services.
- Tasmania: Workplace Learning - Department of Education [new window]
This page from the Tasmanian Department of Education provides links to guidelines, forms and handbooks related to workplace learning and work experience programs.
- Unimail [new window]
Unimail publishes job guides for students in Australia and NZ; Unigrad provides for graduate jobs and Univac for vacation work. It also advertises internships.
- Vocational Education in Schools (NSW) [new window]
This Vocational Education in Schools page is from the New South Wales (NSW) Department of Education and Communities. It provides information on policy, work placement programs and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Volunteer Match [new window]
This USA organisation offers distance and virtual volunteering.
- Work Experience and Structured Workplace Learning (VIC) [new window]
This website from the Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development provides information about work experience and structured workplace learning for Victorian school students.
- Examples of Job Services Australia Work Experience Activities [new window]
This work experience page, from the Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR), outlines the types of work experience activities job seekers can take part in when they are registered with Job Services Australia.
- Work experience you like [new window]
This short article from Ace Day Jobs provides information on getting work experience that you really enjoy.
- Work Experience: Graduate Careers Australia [new window]
This article outlines the benefits of work experience for graduates, provides advice on how to enhance employability and how to get the most out of work experience.
- Workforce Development Centres [new window]
This article provides links to useful resources from the Western Australian Workforce Development Centres. It includes nine steps to follow from preparing for work experience through to evaluating and learning from new experiences.
- WorkSafe SmartMove (WA) [new window]
WorkSafe SmartMove, from the Government of Western Australia (WA) Department of Commerce, is a safety and health resource for years 10, 11 and 12 high school students going on work experience and work placements.
- Worksite Work Experience Diary [new window]
This is a two page worksheet in the form of a five page diary. From the ACTU, it asks questions about the workplace, skills and career paths, unions, occupational health and safety, working conditions and pay and general pros and cons.
- Youth Rules: A Pocket Guide on Youth Employment – USA [new window]
This resource from the USA presents tips to ensure teens learn the habit of good workplace safety and outlines appropriate work hours and workplace tasks.