In recent years the laws affecting the rights and responsibilities of Australian workers have changed significantly.
Whether you’re new to the workforce, returning to work after an absence or changing jobs, it is in your interest to know about your rights and responsibilities. Find out about them before entering or re-entering the workforce, to ensure that the workplace is fair and productive both before and during your time there.
Some questions you might have:
- How much will I be paid?
- What are my main working conditions?
- What are my legal entitlements?
- What do I need to know about equity and safety in the workplace?
- Do I have to join a union?
- Under what circumstances can my employment lawfully be terminated?
A little research now could save you time and possible problems in the future.
For information from the Government's Fair Work Ombudsman website [all open in new window], go to:
To read more on myfuture, go to: